Tuesday, August 9, 2011
Looking Past The Bad Days
Good Day to you all, I will smile for my blessings. My life has been disrupted cause my buddy has been gone this week. I have missed getting up and seeing his big smile in the morning. He seems to always smile and say good morning while eating his breakfast. I'll say this, it is one of those kind of smiles that make you feel warm inside, makes you happy, and is a great way to start your day. He is one happy little buddy, full of love, and a curiosity of all things around him. He makes me slow down to see the many exciting things all around us. With each and every new thing I show him, it is almost like going back to school. Only this time I am the teacher, OR am I? Do I miss him? You bet, I do! He has made me stop and notice the little things that I would just overlook. I'll watch him as he is intensely involved in trying to mimic something I just did. I can tell by the look on his face that he knows how to do it, and darn if he does it in no time at all. Then comes the BIG smile, as he is so happy to show me that he did it. Then it dons on me that again he has shown me that we all need to just slow down and see what our world really is. Yes kids are beautiful, and so is life if we look beyond the bad things. I don't think we will ever get rid of the bad things. I DO think that we can look beyond them and enjoy life more. That is the life we all want, yet some how we over look. We tend to complain more with each passing day. Oh the weather sucks, or my boss is being a jerk, the kids are driving me nuts. I mean come on, is it really that bad? Yes we do have bad moments, but not bad days. You have at least one moment in the day that you should be happy. That moment is when you wake up and you are, or should be, aware that you have a new day to make your life better than it was yesterday. That should put a smile on your face, and make you glad that you are alive. You have another chance to be happy, and enjoy yourself. It is true, life is what we make it. Make your world exciting, wonderful , and a happy place to be. You should no longer dread having to wake to what you think will be a bad day, just that thought starts your day off wrong. You will only continue that feeling if you do not take a moment to say to yourself, Hey Quit it, I'm going to smile and enjoy this day. Enjoy it like it is your last one, heaven forbid it should be. Do you really want to spend your last day on earth in a bad mood? Do you really not want to enjoy all that is good around you? What of those happy moments of yesterday? Even if it was only one, would you not want to enjoy even just that one? I know that I would, and will, for I want to be happy, even if it is just for that moment, if it is to be my last day. At least people would be able to say that I was happy to the end. That is what I want, and if you are true to yourself you want it too. I will let you ponder that for awhile. I am going for a walk in the sun and listen as the weather changes. Life goes on and so do I. There are many things for me to enjoy, and I will, while I hope and pray that you do the same. Smile I will Be right back---- ENJOYYYyyyyyyyyyy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment